Baseball, in this day and age, can seem to take an eternity to watch. Especially if you’re going into the 8th with a 0-0 tie on your hands. But the longest baseball game in major league play was played between the Chicago White Sox and Milwaukee Brewers at Comiskey Park in Chicago. The game started on May 9, 1984, and because of MLB rules, the teams had to quit playing at 12:59 am of May 10, so the teams came back the next day to finish what they’d started the day before. All in all, the game lasted 8 hours and 6 minutes, with a final score of 7-6 in 25 innings. The White Sox won, by the way, on a home run by right fielder Harold Baines. The shortest MLB game on record took place on September 28, 1919 between the New York Giants and the Philadelphia Phillies at the Baker Bowl in Philadelphia. It took the Giants only 51 minutes to beat the Phillies, 6-1. 1
Dallas, TX. 1970. Baylor University - Radio, Television, Film. Famed off Road Biker. Hiker of all trails, regardless of difficulty. One of the greatest living dancers this world has ever known. Web Developer. CMS Developer @ Citi.
- What Do You Do With a Free Flag?
- Charles Manson and the Beach Boys
- The Tybee Bomb
- Steve Vs. Joe : The Ultimate Blue's Clues Human Sidekick Competition
- I Can't Stop Thinking of Ways to Kill Zombies at the Office
- An Open Letter To Colonel Saul Tigh
- The Creative Mind of George Lucas Divines a New Star Wars Character
- List of unusual deaths - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Cyber bore | Dallas Observer
- Do You Ever Shop Anywhere? Congratulations: Your Data Will Be Hacked - Consumerist
- Lockheed Martin says fusion power will be here in a decade | Science! | Geek.com
- The Straight Dope: What's the story with the Taos hum?
- The Story Behind that Richard Nixon-RoboCop Photo | Mental Floss
- 15 Things You May Not Know About 'Slaughterhouse-Five' | Mental Floss
- Silver Linings from the Worst Season in Texas Rangers History | Dallas Observer
- Why Did We Invent Pants? | Mental Floss
- The Most Amazing Bowling Story Ever - D Magazine