At the time, I just couldn’t do it anymore. We were knee-deep in the Trump presidency, with it’s crisis-each-day attitude. Trump hadn’t been banned by Twitter yet, so everyday was a new bunch of histrionics from the former POTUS. And we weren’t even up to COVID and the January 6th insurrection yet. And when those two things happened the world just turned upside down.
Parenting, worrying about the future of the country, worrying about the future of the human race, it’s been a difficult 3+ years. But some good things did happen –
- through the miracle of modern science, we got many safe and affective COVID vaccines. Now if everyone would just take them and not think that they were a way for Bill Gates to track people.
- The worst U.S. president in modern history and an all-around horrible human being was resoundingly defeated at the ballot box and a good, decent man was inaugurated at the 46th U.S. president.
- My oldest son was accepted into UNT as a freshman.
- My youngest started his freshman year in high school.
- My parents are currently celebrating their 53rd anniversary.
- My significant other and I are about to have our 10th anniversary.
So maybe I’ll try to write some more now. I may write some pieces, I may just post links, who knows. But it would be nice to continue this blog a little longer. We’ll see.
Anyway, hi again. 🙂